The expo opens today but I won't be going until Saturday. Between now and then there is a lot to be done:
- Get my race stuff ready (I decided on shorts, less chance of chafing)
- Go to the expo to get my bib and chip
- Go to Niketown to get a jacket and a hat
- Daughter's soccer game Saturday afternoon
- Son's homecoming dance Saturday night (still need to get him a tie)
- Grocery shopping on Saturday because I won't be doing anything on Sunday other than running and watching some SF Giants baseball!
- Eat some more carbs and drink some more water
- Hoping to run a few miles this evening
I've received some really good advice (thank you!) about prepping for the race as well as actual race day advice. As a result I will bring pretzel sticks and start eating them after the halfway point. I've got my GU Chomps, Sharkies, Powerade/water mix and now the pretzels. They will fit nicely in the little pocket of my water bottle and I'll put the energy chews in the second pocket of my ifitness belt. That way if they get squished they won't be reduced to powder like the pretzel sticks would.
My plan is to walk the hills and run the rest. I do want to stop and take pics along the way and just enjoy the experience as much as I can. That said, I hope to finish in under 2.5 hours as I don't want to be running for any longer than that.
Bootchez and I have been emailing back and forth about the race. We won't be able to meet up at the expo on Saturday because I'll be there in the morning and she won't be there until later that afternoon so we will meet for the first time ever on Sunday morning. She'll be the one in the pink tutu; I'm sure she will be easy to spot. Thank God for cell phones. I'm looking forward to meeting her and having someone to share this race with. This little race though is only a training run for her - she's running an ultra soon. God, I cannot even imagine.